Food Vendor Expressions of Interest are now open and will close 31st July 2023
Please read the conditions and then complete the form below.
This Food vendors will be positioned either in the Community Centre compound or the in the Memorial Gardens in the centre of town.
All sites are 3m x 3m and all vendors must provide their own safe, secure and presentable marquee, structure or food outlet. No umbrella or sunshade style cover is permitted.
24hr power will be provided for cool rooms.
Hours of operation:
All sites must remain open for the duration of the festival operating hours unless otherwise agreed.
The Festival site at the Community Centre compound will be operating:
Fri 3rd Nov 6pm – 12 midnight
Sat 4th Nov 12 noon – 12 midnight
Sun 5th Nov 12 noon – 12 midnight
Site fee: 10% of gross income
The Festival site at the Troubadour compound will be operating:
Fri 3rd Nov 6pm – 11pm
Sat 4th Nov 9am – 11pm
Sun 5th Nov 9am – 11pm
Mon 6th Nov 9am – 5pm
Site fee: 10% of gross income
Successful traders will be emailed a Food Vendors Agreement and Conditions form.
Please ensure you are familiar with the Energy Safe Victoria Gas Safety at Public Events guidelines.
· All food vendors are to provide their own washing facilities, tables and/or display equipment, chairs etc.
· Displayed goods should not extend beyond the boundaries of their nominated site
· No Smoking will be permitted inside marquees, inside stalls, around combustibles or while handling hazardous materials.
· It is the responsibility of the stallholder to ensure that your stall area is safe at all times and no part of your stall poses a hazard to any persons.
· Council staff and/or Maldon Folk Festival organisers will conduct inspections of all stall sites and any stalls found to have inadequate facilities and/or contravening the conditions of this agreement will not be permitted to operate.
· Stallholders will not assign, share or sublet all or part of their site.
· The Maldon Folk Festival reserves the right to enter any stall site and remove any article, sign, picture or printed matter that is not eligible for display, poses a risk or hazard or is deemed offensive.
· Use of amplifiers or loud speakers to play pre-recorded music is not permitted.
· No pets or livestock (registered guide or companion animals excepted) will be permitted at the site.
· All vendors must have their own Products and Public Liability Insurance with a minimum $10 million cover. You must provide a copy of your Certificate of Currency
· Vendors must ensure heating and/or cooking appliances are in good working order and comply with statutory regulations. You must have a fire extinguisher and fire blanket within your site. Fire Extinguishers must have been tested & tagged within 6 months.
· A Maldon Folk Festival safety officer will inspect all appliances and connect power whilst setting up. All gas cylinders and appliances must be in date and securely fixed. Gas appliances must have Compliance stickers visible. (And there is an odds on chance that Energy Safe Vic will visit too.)
· A total of 2 x 9kg cylinders at any one time in your marquee and all gas cylinders to be connected to appliances. Spare gas cylinders to be stored in the designated area.
· A gas safety checklist must be filled in and kept on site for inspection. (This will be supplied)
· All sites MUST be set up by 4pm Friday 3rd Nov and be ready to trade at 6pm.
· Access to the site is available from 10am Friday 3rd Nov and all vehicles MUST be off site by 4pm. There will be no further vehicle access until 9am Monday 6th Nov.
· If you need to bring in extra stock you will have vehicular access to the front gate and trolley or foot access thereafter.
· There is no parking on the site, free street parking is available – no time limits apply.
· Free Camping is available for stallholders at Mount Tarrangower. There is no camping available at the catering sites.
· Please detail all equipment and the power requirements for each unit. Your site will be running off Mains power which is extremely limited and will be allocated only that power you request below. Cool rooms only will be connected to 24 hour power.
· Vendors must ensure that all electrical equipment has a current electrical test tag (within 3 months) and is in good, safe working order before connection to site power. Double adaptors are prohibited and all power boards must have current overload protection. No exposed globes of any type will be permitted. A 30m Maximum lead is required for connection to Maldon Folk Festival site power or nominated points. Joins in the leads will not be accepted.
· Food vendors are totally responsible for the security of their stalls, equipment and goods.
· There will be overnight security patrol within the compound.