Volunteer Application 2023
Volunteer Applications are now open and will close once all positions are filled. You will be notified asap after your application is received.
Join our team and help maintain the spirit of the Maldon Folk Festival tradition. Our Committee is always keen to hear from people who can offer time to assist in the smooth running of our festival over the festival weekend.
A ‘ticket-for-work’ exchange program is offered for volunteers: this normally involves 8 hours (in 4 blocks of two hours) of festival duties in exchange for a full weekend ticket to the festival. Please note that this ticket is only for the person who volunteers, and does not include other family members.
Duties usually include:
- Setting up before the festival
- Assisting in the Festival Office – some work with Samsung tablets with square sales and some positions that require no technical knowledge i.e. wristband/program issuing.
- Checking wristbands at venue entrance points (door)
- Bar staff (must hold current RSA Certificate)
- Concert MC/Stage Manager (must be experienced) and
- Packing up after the festival.
- Instrument lock-up
What we are looking for:
- You need to be reliable, punctual and have good people skills.
- Previous volunteer experience at this or other festivals will be an advantage.
Thanks to everyone who has already volunteered. We’ve had a great response, with most of the shifts filled.
For further information please email Pam Lyons