There are a number of accommodation options available in Maldon for those who attend the Maldon Folk Festival.
Camping and caravan spots are available at the Mt Tarrangower Reserve camping, Maldon Football Oval and the Maldon Caravan park.
For further accommodation options see the Maldon Visitor information site.
Town Camping on the Football Oval
Camping tickets are inclusive of GST, and payable to Maldon Football/Netball Club. (N.B. You do not need to purchase a festival ticket to camp on the footy oval.)
- $120 per site for an unpowered site (2 adults & 2 children under 18 per site).
- $30 for additional adults on the site.
Pitch your tent on the scenic Maldon Football Oval in the centre of town (caravans and campervans by arrangement).
- Security lighting; parking adjacent to your campsite; toilet & shower facilities on site; gas BBQ and camp cookers permitted; breakfast sales on-site; no dogs allowed on the oval but you can camp outside the oval and bring your dog.
- If you choose the Football Oval camping option, fees must be paid to the Maldon Football club.
Please note these contact details are for camping at the footy oval only and nothing to do with the running of the festival. Any festival enquiries should be made via our contact page
Direct Deposit available on request.
Cheques are payable to:
Maldon Football/Netball Club Inc
PO Box 223
Maldon Vic 3463
Gates open at noon Friday.
The Victorian Blue Light Youth Camp is a Not-for-profit school camp facility located in the Centre of Maldon. Accommodation is now available for Maldon Festival attendees for 3-night stays.
We offer affordable camp style cabins with single bunk beds, heating, cooling and ensuite bathrooms. Cabins vary in capacity from 6 – 20 people and are available for private group bookings or dorm style shared accommodation.
There is a shared communal camp kitchen complete with stoves, BBQ’s and fridge available on site. Limited onsite parking is available, please register your vehicle at time of booking.
We are located in the heart of all the festival activities, restaurants, bars and cafes AND have our very own onsite mini golf course, what more do you need!
So, get your friends together and leave the tents and hassle at home, just bring your bedding and be ready to join the festivities.
- 3 Nights Accommodation
- Bunk bed dorm-style accommodation
- Ensuite bathrooms
- Communal Camp kitchen
- Onsite parking
- Pricing starts from $90/person/3 night stay
For all Enquires please phone Jan on 5475 2033 or email Jan.Mulqueen-Marchioni@bluelightcamp.org.au
*Out of respect for the site and other guests we request all guests leave the partying to folk festival sites only and keep noise to a minimum.
Other Accommodation Options
Maldon & surrounds are renowned for the many accommodation options – historic B&Bs, motels, hotels, caravan parks & self-contained cottages in the area.
For more details about accommodation possibilities, vist the Maldon Visitor Information Centre website or phone them on 03-5475 2569.
Alternatively use the freecall Maldon/Castlemaine Accommodation Booking Service on 1800 171 888.
Also see the Maldon Inc Accommodation page
Tarrangower Reserve – Parks Victoria
Mt Tarrangower Reserve camping is free. Mount Tarrangower Reserve forms part of the thousands of hectares of crown land that surrounds the town. Please note, there are no concert venues here
- toilet facilities on-site;
- town water on-site;
- unpowered sites;
- gas BBQ & camp cookers permitted;
- ample room for caravans and camper vans.
- shuttle bus into town
Regulations to Observe:
- The camper will take all reasonable precautions to avoid endangering the safety of other campers in the Reserve.
- The camper agrees to abide by all proper and lawful directions of the police, officers of Parks Victoria
- There are no rubbish bins at Mt Tarrangower and campers MUST take all their rubbish home
- Campfires are allowed in designated areas. Campfires are not allowed in any other areas. Please Note: It is illegal to collect firewood from the camping area or surrounding bush
- The holder agrees to avoid unnecessary noise from vehicles at all times and to avoid loud noise in the camp area between 11pm and 8am each day.
- No solid fuel fires will be permitted within the park/reserve except for three only communal fires arranged and supervised by the committee.
- Off road driving is not permitted.
BEWARE OF FALLING TREE LIMBS