There are a number of accommodation options available in Maldon for those who attend the Maldon Folk Festival.
Camping and caravan spots are available at the Mt Tarrangower Reserve camping, Maldon Football Oval and the Maldon Caravan park.
For further accommodation options see the Maldon Visitor information site.
Town Camping on the Football Oval – Now fully booked
Camping tickets are inclusive of GST, and payable to Maldon Football/Netball Club. (N.B. You do not need to purchase a festival ticket to camp on the footy oval.)
- $120 per site for an unpowered site (2 adults & 2 children under 18 per site).
- $30 for additional adults on the site.
Pitch your tent on the scenic Maldon Football Oval in the centre of town (caravans and campervans by arrangement).
- Security lighting; parking adjacent to your campsite; toilet & shower facilities on site; gas BBQ and camp cookers permitted; breakfast sales on-site; no dogs allowed on the oval but you can camp outside the oval and bring your dog.
- If you choose the Football Oval camping option, fees must be paid to the Maldon Football club.
Please note these contact details are for camping at the footy oval only and nothing to do with the running of the festival. Any festival enquiries should be made via our contact page
Direct Deposit available on request.
Cheques are payable to:
Maldon Football/Netball Club Inc
PO Box 223
Maldon Vic 3463
Gates open at noon Friday.
Other Accommodation Options
Maldon & surrounds are renowned for the many accommodation options – historic B&Bs, motels, hotels, caravan parks & self-contained cottages in the area.
For more details about accommodation possibilities, visit the Maldon Visitor Information Centre website or phone them on 03-5475 2569.
Alternatively use the freecall Maldon/Castlemaine Accommodation Booking Service on 1800 171 888.
Also see the Maldon Inc Accommodation page
Tarrangower Reserve – Parks Victoria
Mt Tarrangower Reserve camping is free. Mount Tarrangower Reserve forms part of the thousands of hectares of crown land that surrounds the town. Please note, there are no concert venues here.
- toilet facilities on-site;
- town water on-site;
- unpowered sites;
- gas BBQ & camp cookers permitted;
- ample room for caravans and camper vans.
- shuttle bus into town
There are no shower facilities here.
Regulations to Observe:
- The camper will take all reasonable precautions to avoid endangering the safety of other campers in the Reserve.
- The camper agrees to abide by all proper and lawful directions of the police, officers of Parks Victoria
- There are no rubbish bins at Mt Tarrangower and campers MUST take all their rubbish home
- Campfires are allowed in designated areas. Campfires are not allowed in any other areas. Please Note: It is illegal to collect firewood from the camping area or surrounding bush
- The holder agrees to avoid unnecessary noise from vehicles at all times and to avoid loud noise in the camp area between 11pm and 8am each day.
- No solid fuel fires will be permitted within the park/reserve except for three only communal fires arranged and supervised by the committee.
- Off road driving is not permitted.
BEWARE OF FALLING TREE LIMBS AND WATER THAT MAY TRUN INTO RIVERS COMING OFF THE MOUNTAIN