Roddy Read Memorial Songwriting Award 2019
Win a SRS60C Maton guitar including pickup & hard case, perform your winning song on the main stage at the Maldon Folk Festival on Sunday 3rd November, and receive a guaranteed place in the 2020 Maldon Folk Festival. Thank you to Neville and Linda Kitchen, and Pat Evans from Maton.
READ ALL THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY CAREFULLY
Refunds of entry fees will not be made if entries are found to be ineligible after receipt.
Online entries must be received by midnight Monday 9th Sep 2019*, after which this portal will close.
(You can also enter by snail mail – scroll to the bottom of the online form for details and entry form.)
How to enter by snail mail:
Entry for the Roddy Read Song Writing Award is by submission of:
- A recording of the song, (playable on a standard CD player), with only the name of the song written on it as identification. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
Note: No digital format files entries will be accepted with postal entries. (eg: MP3 or wma).
- A legible copy of the lyrics in English with only the name of the song written on it as identification. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- A completed and signed, official Roddy Read 2019 entry form.
- An entry fee of $15 per song. Only postal orders or cheques made payable to:
‘Maldon Folk Festival Inc’ are accepted with postal entries.
Note: No credit/debit of EFTPOS card payment facilities are available for postal entries.
Postal entries must be received at the address below by last mail FRIDAY 13th Sep 2019*. The address for receipt of entries is:
Roddy Read Memorial Song Writing Contest
98 St Georges Road, Northcote, VIC 3070
*Later Postal entry deadline FRIDAY 13th September to allow for delays due to reduction in postal services
For further clarification, contact the contest coordinator Wendy Ealey.
Phone: 0412 299 850 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Judging of the winning entry:
- Entries will be prejudged to determine up to fifteen songs to be performed at the finals concert on
Saturday 2nd November.
- The finalist entrants will be notified by email (or by phone or post where an email address is not provided), by Friday 11th October 2019 or a.s.a.p. thereafter.
- The finalist entries will be judged from live performances at the Maldon Folk Festival on the afternoon of Saturday 2nd November and the winner announced following the concert.
Presentation of the prize and a performance of the winning song will be on the main stage on Sunday 3rd November.
Note: In order to facilitate this, the entering song writer and the song performers must be able to attend the finals contest at the festival on Saturday 2nd November and Sunday 3th November at their own expense.