Performer applications for 2018 are now open and will close 31st March. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of selection by the end of June.
Please note: Maldon township is plastic bag free and the festival aims to extend this green theme by being plastic disposable water bottle free so we ask all performers to bring a refillable water bottle. There will be filling stations around town.
Venues range from a large stages with PA, to small intimate acoustic settings.
The festival provides:
- meals in the green room in the band hall of the Community Centre (brunch Saturday and Sunday for performers – accompanied partners will be charged $10 for brunch).
- accommodation if req. (generally billets).
- a dedicated performers’ camping area at Mt Tarrangower.
- festival passes to performers, partners and their children.
- a no-commission CD sales venue.
- session & chalkboard venues are provided & encouraged.
- musicians are also welcome to busk in the streets.
Please note: It is a requirement of the Maldon Folk Festival’s public liability insurance that all performers have their own Public Liability Insurance, proof of which should be provided to us on acceptance in the festival.
Feel free to contact us with any queries you may have regarding performing.