Performer applications for 2021 are now open and will close 31st March. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of selection by the end of May.
Please note that if you applied in 2020 your application has been rolled over to this year. You should have received an email advising you of this mid last year.
As part of our COVD safe operations we are requesting that all performers who require a vocal mic to please bring their own. We will be allowing ample time for a COVID-safe set up on stage. Of course, nothing is certain at this stage but we’re hopeful so planning has started, with performer applications being the first.
Please note: Maldon township is plastic bag free and the festival aims to extend this green theme by being plastic disposable water bottle free so we ask all performers to bring a refillable water bottle. There will be filling stations at venues.
Venues range from a large stages with PA, to small intimate acoustic (non powered) settings.
The festival provides:
- billet accommodation if req.
- free camping area at Mt Tarrangower if you would prefer
- festival passes to performers, partners and their children.
- a no-commission CD sales venue.
- session & chalkboard venues.
- musicians are also welcome to busk in the streets but please ask permission of the shopkeeper first and remember that there is no amplification allowed in the streets.
Please note: It is a requirement of the Maldon Folk Festival’s public liability insurance that all performers have their own Public Liability Insurance, proof of which should be provided to us on acceptance in the festival.