Sadly, the committee has decided that the Maldon Folk Festival will not be able to go ahead this year. I’ve received the DJPR Public Events Team information regarding venue capacities and density limits which supports our decision. With the situation in Victoria as it is at the moment it is unlikely that the state will be at the COVIDSafe Open settings any time soon and these are required to run the festival.
With approx 30 mystery cases at the moment, most of the new cases out in the community during this current outbreak and the state not expected to reach 70% vaccination rate until November opening up by the end of October so we can run our festival will not be happening.
We planned and hoped but have no control over this.