There are a number of accommodation options available in Maldon for those who attend the Maldon Folk Festival.
Camping and caravan spots are available at the Mt Tarrangower Reserve camping, Maldon Football Oval and the Maldon Caravan park.
For further accommodation options see the Maldon Visitor information site.
Tarrangower Reserve camping is now free. Mount Tarrangower Reserve forms part of the thousands of hectares of crown land that surrounds the town. Please note, there are no concert venues here but we provide a powered session venue and shuttle buses into town.
· toilet & shower facilities on-site; town water on-site; shuttle bus into town; unpowered sites; gas BBQ & camp cookers permitted; ample room for caravans and camper vans.
If you choose the Tarrangower bush camping option, you will be provided with directions and camping permit when you collect your tickets at the Festival Office.
Regulations to Observe:
· The holder will take all reasonable precautions to avoid endangering the safety of other campers in the Reserve.
· The holder agrees to abide by all proper and lawful directions of the police, officers of Parks Victoria and representatives of the Maldon Folk Festival Committee, to ensure that the Festival runs for the benefit and enjoyment of all persons.
· Campfires are allowed in designated areas. Campfires are not allowed in any other areas. Please Note: It is illegal to collect firewood from the camping area or surrounding bush
· The holder agrees to avoid unnecessary noise from vehicles at all times and to avoid loud noise in the camp area between 11pm and 8am each day.
· No solid fuel fires will be permitted within the park/reserve except for three only communal fires arranged and supervised by the committee.
· Off road driving is not permitted.
Town Camping on the Football Oval
Camping tickets are inclusive of GST, and payable to Maldon Football/Netball Club. (N.B. You do not need to purchase a festival ticket to camp on the footy oval.)
· $100 per site for an unpowered site (2 adults & 2 children under 18 per site).
· $30 for additional adults on the site.
Pitch your tent on the scenic Maldon Football Oval in the centre of town (caravans and campervans by arrangement).
- Security lighting; parking adjacent to your campsite; toilet & shower facilities on site; gas BBQ and camp cookers permitted; breakfast sales on-site; no dogs allowed on the oval but you can camp outside the oval and bring your dog.
- If you choose the Football Oval camping option, fees must be paid to the Maldon Football club.
Direct Deposit available on request.
Cheques are payable to:
Maldon Football/Netball Club Inc
PO Box 223
Maldon Vic 3463
Bookings and enquiries: email@example.com or Phone (m) 0439 498 877
Gates open at noon Friday 28th Oct.
Other Accommodation Options
Maldon & surrounds are renowned for the many accommodation options – historic B&Bs, motels, hotels, caravan parks & self-contained cottages in the area.
For more details about accommodation possibilities, vist the Maldon Visitor Information Centre website or phone them on 03-5475 2569.
Alternatively use the freecall Maldon/Castlemaine Accommodation Booking Service on 1800 171 888.
Also see the Maldon Inc Accommodation page