Festival Volunteer Application
Volunteer Applications are now open and will close on 31st August 2018.
Join our team and help maintain the spirit of the Maldon Folk Festival tradition. Our Committee is always keen to hear from people who can offer time to assist in the smooth running of our festival over the festival weekend.
A ‘ticket-for-work’ exchange program is offered for volunteers: this normally involves approximately 8 hours of festival duties in exchange for a full weekend ticket to the festival. Please note that this ticket is for the person who volunteers only, and does not include other family members.
Duties usually include:
- Setting up before the festival
- Assisting in the Festival Office
- Checking wristbands at venue entrance points
- Bar staff (must hold current RSA Certificate)
- Concert MC/Stage Manager (must be experienced) and
- Packing up after the festival.
What we are looking for:
- You need to be reliable, punctual and have good people skills.
- Previous volunteer experience at this or other festivals will be an advantage.
All volunteers will be notified by the end of September. If you are unsuccessful in obtaining a volunteer position, you will be able to purchase a ticket at the early-bird price directly from the Festival Director, Pam Lyons, by email at email@example.com.