There are a number of accommodation options available for those who attend the Maldon Folk Festival.
We offer two types of weekend camping options - Tarrangower Reserve camping, and town camping at Maldon Footy Oval.
These two camping options are available to Festival Weekend Ticket holders only.
We have also provided links to information on other accommodation around the Maldon area such as B&B's, motel accommodation, caravan parks and self-contained cottages.
Tarrangower Reserve Bush Camping
$20 per adult (accompanied youth and children camp free))
Payment in advance ( Order Tickets here), or on arrival at festival office.
Set one and a half kilometres from town, the Tarrangower Reserve is the site of the Guinness Tent, Tarrangower Wine Tent, Session Tent, Childrens Marquee and the outdoor Main Stage. The festival bus provides a free, continual shuttle service for festival patrons between the Reserve and the town centre.
Set up your camp in the scenic reserve amid the eucalypts on the slopes of Mount Tarrangower. The Reserve forms part of the thousands of hectares of crown land that surrounds the town.
toilet & shower facilities on-site;
|Regulations to Observe
- Private campfires are not permitted in the Reserve, but there will be designated areas for public campfires.
- Dogs not permitted anywhere within the Tarrangower Reserve camp site.
- town water on-site;
- security patrols;
- on-site First-Aid station;
- unpowered sites;
- gas BBQ & camp cookers permitted;
- food & beverage sales on-site;
- ample room for caravans and camper vans.
- designated disabled parking at Tarrangower Reserve
If you choose the Tarrangower bush camping option, you will be provided with directions and permits when you collect your tickets at the Festival Office.
Town Camping on the Footy Oval
Tickets are inclusive of GST, and payable to Maldon Football/Netball Club.
- $77 per site for an unpowered site (2 adults & 2 children under 18 per site).
- $30 for additional adults on the site.
- Powered sites are also available for an additional $25.00 per site.
Pitch your tent on the scenic Maldon Football Oval in the centre of town (caravans and campervans by arrangement).
Gates open at
- parking adjacent to your campsite;
- toilet & shower facilities on site;
- gas BBQ and camp cookers permitted;
- breakfast sales on-site.
If you choose the Footy Oval camping option, fees must be paid to the Maldon Football club.
Direct Deposit available on request.
Cheques are payable to:
Maldon Football/Netball Club Inc
PO Box 223
Maldon Vic 3463
Enquiries: Phone: Leeanne (m) 0407 833 380
Other Accommodation Options
Maldon & surrounds are renowned for the many accommodation options – historic B&Bs, motels, hotels, caravan parks & self-contained cottages in the area.
For more details about accommodation possibilities, vist the Maldon Visitor Information Centre website or phone them on 03-5475 2569.
Alternatively use the freecall Maldon/Castlemaine Accommodation Booking Service on 1800 171 888.